How to fight depression till you can get real help
Dealing with depression can sometimes leave you feeling like you’re drowning and you’re all alone. If you’re used to pushing through the pain like nothing is wrong, it can be even harder to accept that you’re struggling with your depression. A lot of people don’t realise that they can use simple products like prosper wellness cbd oil to start feeling better about themselves.
Here’s how I fight off depression temporarily and the quotes that show we are not alone. It happens to so many people and everyone copes in different ways.
My temporary solutions for dealing with depression
- Eat chocolate. Because chocolate is always a good idea
“May your life be filled, as mine has been, with love and laughter; and remember, when things are rough all you need is … Chocolate.”
? Geraldine Solon,
- Try and remember that you’re not alone. Depression is a real thing that happens to many many many people. Some are just better at hiding it!
“Maybe we all have darkness inside of us and some of us are better at dealing with it than others.”
? Jasmine Warga,
- Sometimes the only way over is through, wine helps. Just don’t depend on this to solve all your problems all the time.
“Have a drink, and try to relax. All right, have another drink. There are times when getting drunk’s not a bad idea.”
? John Christopher,
- If all else fails, temporary relief comes in the form of a hot bath, with candles and wine (just no baths if you’re in Cape Town because you know, drought and all).
“Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.”
? Dodie Smith,
- Sometimes, the only thing that works is to laugh it off. Put on a funny movie or go to a comedy show. Laughing helps.
“You can’t be beaten by something you laugh at.”
? Jonathan Harnisch,
- But of all the things I’ve tried and tested, the one I find to be most successful is to just keep plodding along one step at a time.
“How are we going to get through this craziness?” I asked. There was silence for a moment. “Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe,” he said.”
? Anne Lamott,
Living with depression doesn’t have to mean your life comes to a standstill. You can still function as a completely normal part of society and sometimes, that makes things even harder. People don’t understand that you can be depressed and still look normal and act normal. So instead of feeling supported, you feel isolated and alone. These temporary solutions aren’t a replacement for getting real help. You don’t have to carry the burden alone. You don’t have to be strong all the time. It’s okay to ask for help. It’s okay to tell people you’re not alone. But sometimes it’s nice to just get in the bath, drink the wine and have a good laugh.
** This post is by no means a one size fits all to solution to depression and is based on a few coping mechanisms I have found help me when I feel my own depression rising. I am not a trained therapist and it’s best to get real help when you think you might be depressed.
I’d love to know what some of your coping mechanisms are?