“You know those things you’ve always wanted to do? You should go do them.”
There are so many things that we could do to give our lives more meaning. So many of us just spend our days between work and home and we don’t really make the most of our lives. As a result, we have no energy and don’t feel like we’re really living and reaching our full potential. One way to ensure that we beat the boredom and make the most of our lives is to create a bucket list and actively work towards crossing things off your list. Do you have a bucket list? Are you actively pursuing what’s on it?
Here are just a few on my bucket list;
- Climb Table Mountain – Yes, as a Capetonian for the last 12 years, it’s is shameful that I’ve never done it.
- Visit Namibia.
- Learn how to bake bread.
- Get a whole lot more tattoos including a full sleeve (no guts to do this).
- Dye my hair shocking pink.
- Own a pair of really expensive designer shoes.
- Blow an entire months salary on shopping.
- Bridge swing. I have no interest what so ever in bungee jumping though.
- Go scuba diving.
- Write a book and get it published.
- Visit North America – preferably New York, California and definitely the Grand Canyon.
- Start a Non-profit that teaches job skills to individuals trying to find employment.
- Monetise my blog – very long-term goal.
- See the Northern lights.
- Host a Tyranny of Pink workshop – topic still to be decided on 😛
- Go on a cruise.
- Indoor Sky Dive – almost certain it won’t compare to the real deal but it looks like so much fun.
- Go back to Australia with my husband.
- Try Kite Surfing.
- Sell one of my paintings.
Let me know what’s on your list and if you’re crossing them off. It’s always interesting to see what values others place on certain experiences over others. I bet you think some of mine are crazy or boring and probably a little surprising. Baking bread can’t be that big a deal right? It is if you’re me 🙂