Sometimes, everything about life is going perfectly well. You’re on top of the moon and buzzing with energy and then you’re not anymore. You’re overcome with guilt and worry and stress. You’re suddenly unsure of yourself and you have lost your ability to focus on everything that matters. My usual go-to in times like those is a nice cold glass of white wine. However, eight months into my pregnancy and I’ve learnt a few coping mechanisms that don’t involve plying myself with yummy alcoholic beverages. If deep breathing isn’t your thing, try dancing around the room to loud music.
Alternatively, read some inspirational quotes that will help get you back on track and feeling like you can handle the world and ready to achieve all those goals and make a huge success of things (okay so maybe that’s asking too much of a few quotes but it’s worth a try).
When you’re ready to feel like You’ve Got This… keep this list in mind!
- We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what’s wrong in our life, or we can focus on what’s right. – Marianne Williamson
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. – Mark Twain
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
- Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
- Either you run the day, or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed-door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
- If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. –
I hope that somewhere in this list are words that light a fire under your ass and make you realise that no one is perfect and everyone needs a little inspiration every now and then. What matters isn’t how many times you fall down but that you always get back up!
[bctt tweet=”You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and falling over. – R Branson “]