In world operating at the pace of lightening, no one has time to stop and read the words a random person writes anymore. No one has time to stop and write either… or is that just me?
This used to be my passion. At one point, I used to write a blog post every single day. I can’t even imagine coming home from work now and sitting down to write a blog post. My life just doesn’t seem to have the time. You know what I do instead? I feed chickens. I feed the dog and two cats. I feed a human child. I do bathtime and homework. Then, I eat dinner. I walk the dog, in the dark, when it’s quiet. I drink a glass of wine. I watch mindless TV with my husband and I pass out. Wash, rinse, repeat. This is my life now. It is intense. I logged on here today and was shocked to discover that I’ve been gone for almost a year. It was not intentional but here we are.
Anyway a lot has happened in the last almost year.
- We moved house in February last year.
- I inherited two chickens with my new rental.
- Jessie, my dog, finally arrived just before we went into our second covid-19 lockdown
- I got promoted this year – Senior Advisor to Principal Advisor to Team Leader
- I stressed a lot
- My team grew from just me to a team of 5
- I stressed some more
- I got some tattoos
- We still did not get residency – though they introduced a new Residency visa that although we don’t qualify for, my mom does so yay
- We travelled around the north island a bit
- Gerard got a big promotion
- I walked the dog – A LOT – I loved it
- I felt happy for most of the last year
- I was exhausted
- I made some really good friends
- I became obsessed with Dr Martens and Blazers – I now own around 21 blazers eep.
- We are moving house again in February and I’ve spent a lot of December packing and sorting out the house.
- I swam in the ocean, it was freezing, the weather was wonderful
- We had a lovely New Years Eve party and realised how lucky we are to have such wonderful friends in this country we have only just arrived in.
So not soooo much has happened but it has been an incredibly busy last year and I am looking forward to 2022. I usually choose a word for the year ahead and this year, I need it to be slower. I need to pace myself better, rest more and take it easier.